Pages

Wednesday 3 July 2013

Stamp Sandwich

 Hey all,
Happy humpday.
What have you been up to?
I've been trying to crochet but the summer heat has made my baby blanket project much less appealing. 
In December it will be perfect. But right now, ugh. Don't touch me! Instant sweat.
A few years ago I switched to friendship bracelets in the summer. I should get on that again. It's been too long.

Since it's been so bright and beautiful I wanted the same for my manicure.
I started out with Zoya - Purity and topped it with Northern Lights.
I thought this was pretty damn fantastic all on it's own, but I had to continue. 


I wanted floral and squishy. So I stamped with Zoya - Raven
And then covered it in two coats of Zoya - Paloma


I love Paloma. I dyed my hair this colour when I was 15. 
It's probably my favourite shade of pink.


This reminds me of a Hawaiian shirt.
What do you think? 


Lately I've really been getting back into my record collection. Yep, good old fashion vinyl. There's something so special about records. The sound quality is so ...amazing. Fuller and richer than any digital file or CD (do people still listen to CD's? ...other than my friend Shade?) Even the sound dust makes adds to the overall experience. Sigh. I'm besotted. 
So I thought I would honour my love and collection with...

On the Turntable...


Adam and the Ants - Kings of the Wild Frontier 
I love this album. So much fun. Pirate songs. Cowboy songs. Adam's... quite a character.
But my favourite song is neither of those. I don't really know how to describe it.
"Ant music for sex people, sex music for ant people"?
And what does "Dirk wears white socks" have to do with anything?
Don't be Square be There is absurd, goofy, and has GREAT bass guitar. (drooling)
And for those reasons this has always been my number #1 on this awesome album.
Like Adam says, you might not like it now, but you will.
Enjoy!


Have a great week and an awesome manicure!
jeebjeeb

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails