Pages

Saturday 14 December 2013

You ought to be who you be if you're coming with me

Early this week I got a little excited with my exacto and gouged myself right close to the nail.
Ugg. So I pretty much left my nails alone all week. Only now is it starting to heal. -_-
Thankfully I was wearing a nice glitter that held up incredibly well.


Esmaltes da Kelly - Serpens - totally makes me think Mint Chocolate Chip
I used Konad Black, Essie - Good as Gold and the Cheeky Viva Mexico plate for the Aztec snakes


Cult Nails - Fetish
I've been lemming this one since seeing LTHP's swatch.
Black with wax finish?! Yes please! This makes me hot!

------

So I've been nominated for
 the Friendship Blogger Award & The Versatile Blogger award
That means sharing 7 facts about yourself and a shout out to 7 blogs you like.
Here we go.
Random Facts...

1) When I was a child  I was obsessed with The Beatles. I had every album, except for the second part of The White Album. John was my favourite, I would have killed to have his bedroom in the movie Help. I stopped listening to them for a long time now. But I promise you, if you put on any one of their songs, I will know all the lyrics.

2) I also used to be obsessed with horror movies. The first one I ever saw was Evil Dead 2 at the age of 2. It snowballed and by the time I was 10 I had pretty much seen them all. Out of all the epic horror villains my favourite is Freddy Krueger, from The Nightmare on Elm Street series. He had the greatest sense of humour and I always wished he was my friend.

3) I have been crocheting since 2009. I am completely self taught. One day I got this random urge, got a crochet book from the library, and some cheap yarn, and I learned every stitch in that book! I was amazed with myself, since whenever I had watched Nana it looked like insanely complicated magic. Now I crochet every day.

4) I have an incredibly active dream life. I remember most of my dreams and the tone of it sticks with me for a few hours after I wake. I'm finally getting to the point where, occasionally, I am aware I'm moving within a dream. That idea really excites me since all throughout my teen years the majority of my dreams were nightmares.

5)The first concert I ever went to was Oasis on January 23rd 1998 (the Be Here Now Tour) The tickets were my 11th birthday present from my Dad. I asked him about it a few days ago and he said it was a great show, he didn't expect them to be such good musicians. And I was just so excited because it was my first show AND they frisked me. An 11 year old girl. Like what, looking for my knife and booze?

6) In my city, the people that drive cars are assholes. And the people on bikes are self righteous douches. So I walk. Always have, always will. I only want to have to rely on myself. As Fiona Apple sang "I still only travel by foot and by foot it's a slow climb" Otherwise there's too much that gets in the way. If your mode of transportation is a status symbol, then give me the bare minimum.

7) I use my knowledge of astrology and human behaviour/motivation to create my own kind of psychology. And I do quite decently. I have startled a number of acquaintances by perfectly describing people I have never met. I have also amazed my Mum with insights into family friends, deadly accurate observations I had made as a child, but never talked about until years later. I am and will always be an observer.

7 Blogs you should read
Abnorm Nail Behavior - some amazing stamping skills
Colors Frenzy- I have bought many a polish due to her swatches
Lunar Lacquer - she hasn't posted in 3 months :( but this blog got me into indies
Nail a Day - really great combos and such a cute baby :)
Passion or kinda - a great mix of fantastic manicures and crafts
The Nail Art Show - she does some really fun stuff - so cute
Dagadelic - she's already been nominated, but whatever, go check out her manis!

Have a great night and an awesome manicure!
jeebjeeb

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails