Pages

Sunday 10 February 2013

Chinese New Year - Fortune & Firecrackers

Hey all,
Happy Chinese New Year!
Year of the Snake!
It's my little brother's year <3 Yesterday I spent the day with him and planned to take him out to celebrate. I've been dying to go to my tea house so we bused across town. Once we got there, now super hungry, it was closed. :| A whole hour till opening. Ayah! I felt so dumb, since I've already done this once before. Thankfully my brother was a good sport about it.
Once we were done about town it was manicure time! 
What would my inspiration be?
Well I thought about being young and going to the annual New Year Parade. What I remember most, other than the magnificent dragon costumes, were the firecrackers.


What a perfect time to finally try Nailside's Explosion Design tutorial. Check her out, her nails and tutorials are amazing!
And on my accent finger I stamped the Chinese symbol for Fortune.
(At least that's what my half Chinese boyfriend said it meant after checking on the internet :S)



Nothing says New Years like Fortune & Firecrackers!


I  really tried to take my time on this and not get impatient and ruin it like I usually do. Slow and steady won the race I think. I love the explosions! I need a bit more practice but I can't wait to try this with other colours. What do you think? 

I used China Glaze - Solar Power & Quo by Orly - Red Hot


Anyone have any new year plans? I'm going to eat treats, drink lots of green tea and take it easy! :D


Hope everyone has a wonderful year of the snake full of good health and good fortune!
Have a great weekend and an awesome manicure!
jeebjeeb

3 comments:

  1. Amazeballs. The firecrackers are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks D! Every time I look at them I want to watch Dragonball.

      Delete
  2. Thanks so much!
    I'll definitely check out your blog :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails