Pages

Sunday 17 February 2013

Grey Day/Game Day Gradient

Hey all,
How's your weekend going? It's been pretty mellow for me. Visited my mum for tea yesterday. Watched a horror movie that wasn't scary :P Today I got up bright and early, hiked to the grocery and got everything for the beef stew I'm making soon. I love stew. It's so easy and satisfying.
As a reward for my efforts I started on a new manicure as soon as I got home. I kept thinking 'gradient' since I love them so much and it's been awhile since I've sponged. And since it's a game day, Vancouver Canucks colours, blue and green, were calling to me.
(Go nucks Go!)


I tried doing a sideways gradient this time since I only ever do top to bottoms. 
It turned out much snazzier that I expected. What do you think?


I used China Gaze - Unpredictable and Essie - Aruba Blue
Unpredictable is an amazing green/gold/blue douchrome which just pops against the royal blue shimmer of Aruba Blue. 
I fell in love with both of these colours the first time I ever set eyes on them. 
I really need to utilize them more often. I feel like I've neglected them. ha!

essie-aruba-blue-china-glaze-unpredicatble

I really love the manicure. What do you think?
But I'm torn. Should I add to it?
I've looked over my stamping plates and nothing's calling to me. I don't want to ruin it by over doing it. 
What do you think? Any ideas?
I'm going to leave it be unless I hear a good suggestion. :)



Let's Spin a Yarn...

I finally received my shipment from WEBS Yarn! Here's Kit snuggling it.



Painted Desert. 100% wool. My favorite colour shift, green to purple <3

I bought this thinking I was almost done my pullover. But, of course, I realized the pullover had to be re-made. Argh! So I'll be waiting quite a while to get my hands working on this lovely wool. Probably in the summer. So stay tuned!


Muse-ic

No matter what I'm feeling, it always comes back to Fiona.
She has such a knack for saying exactly what I feel.
Here's an awesome live performance of Daredevil.
Check out the percussion she performs towards the very end. Her face is so full of intensity.




I can smell my stew slow cooking :) I'm getting hyped for the game and getting very hungry. Going to spend the next hour speed crocheting! I have a little something planned with Dagadelic later this week, a special outing/ inspiration. 
You can expect to hear all about it Friday!
Until then I hope everyone has a great week and an awesome manicure!
<3 jeebjeeb

1 comment:

  1. Love the colour combo! Keep it as is. I don't think it needs anything.

    Sidenote: you're going to laugh when you see my post.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails