Pages

Saturday 21 September 2013

Candy Stripes and Questions

Hey all,
Happy last day of summer!
I've had a couple busy days with my brother, and I tell you, I'm pooped.
Went downtown last night to get GTA V, which he's been playing non-stop since last night.
Then today we re-organized his bedroom, made it more tween appropriate.
He's super happy with how it turned out, and so am I. 
And it didn't take long, but holy crap.
I need a nap.

Here's a little something I meant to share weeks ago.


First I made a gradient with Enchanted Polish - Kids & Zoya - Sari
Then I made some stripes with Essie - Off the Shoulder & Sally Hansen - Lickety-Split Lime


I think it turned out quite nicely. Super beachy, candy coated fun.
What do you think?


I was recently nominated for the Liebster award by The Mercurial Magpie
Although I have already taken part in the awards I wanted to answer her fun questions.

1) What inspired your blog name?
               Well, one of my nicknames is jeebjeeb. And for a long time I was thinking about getting into graffiti. I wanted to use jeeb as my artist name and tag. But I didn't want to just tag "jeeb" everywhere. I started coming up with lines to insert jeeb into. Whatever Happened to Baby Jeeb? Fight for your right to Jeeb. Jeeb will tear us apart, etc. The best one I came up with, the one that kept popping into my mind, was In Jeeb We Trust. So when I decided to start a blog, it was the only name I wanted. And I never ended up doing any graffiti. Not really interested in creating illegal art late at night. Too much stress. My nails are my personal graffiti ;)

2) What nail polish colour can you not resist buying?
              Oh lord. Green every time. I'm a green freak. And following closely in second, blue.

3) You're rushing out the door and have 10 minutes to do your nails, what polish do you grab?
            Well, honestly, if I have only 10 minutes to paint my nails, it ain't happening! But, if I'm short on time but want something fun I lean towards an interesting indie polish. Like a jelly filled with glitter. Think Model City Polish - Hey Ho Lets Go. Or! A thermo polish! Like Pretty & Polished - April Showers.

4) Your house is burning down/ you're on a deserted island/ you're being abducted by aliens, etc... which 5 polishes would you take with you?
               Oh no, this one's hard. Don't make me pick! Every two seconds I change my mind. And does base & topcoat count? No matter what I pick, five would just not suffice. :P

5) What inspired you to get into nail polish in the first place?
            Hmmm... well I don't really know. One day I walked into a drug store, saw some Essie, bought two bottles and never looked back. I used to do my nails often as a child. But the horrors of teen life made me stop. I was 24 when I started again and I guess I realized it's now or never. If you want to do it, just do it. So here I am.

6) What technique have you struggled with in the past and now mastered?
            Striping tape and normal tape manis. It takes a lot of patience. The first striping tape I had was just garbage, so proper materials really do help. Sometimes I still have problems, like holos melting my normal tape :S (anyone else have that problem?) but other than that, I think I've mastered the tape.

7) What technique do you still struggle with?
             Argh. Watermarble. The first times I tried it it worked out really well. I thought I had it down. But the more I attempt it, the worse I get. I think I'm probably just psyching myself out. I was great at the beginning because I had no expectations Need to get back there..

8) What is your favourite type of manicure to do?
               Well I love gradients because they're so simple and visually stunning. And I also love stamping because, with all the image plates out there, what's not to love? So maybe my absolute fav would be a gradient with stamp on top? Oh! And splatter. LOVE splatter big time. Don't make me pick just one!

9) How do you organize/ keep track of your polish?
              I have two wooden boxes my boyfriend made specifically for polish. And  I organize by brand. I find it easiest that way. All my assorted indies are in the top box. And the mainstream brands are in the bottom.

10) What commercial brand is your favourite?
              Zoya. My life hasn't been the same since their Gloss collection.

11) What indie brand is your favourite?
              Right now I'm super into Smitten Polish. Her holos are to die for! I'm especially looking forward to the fall collection. So amazing!

Oh man. Not even the evening yet and I feel totally brain dead and want to go to sleep.
I can't even get excited about painting my nails...
Woah. I just figured it out! I haven't had any tea today!! :O
I've got to fix that pronto!

Have a great weekend and an awesome maincure!
jeebjeeb

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails