Pages

Wednesday 18 September 2013

The Obliteration Room

Hey all,
How are you doing on this wonderful hump day?
I must say that I've been feeling really great lately. Despite life's trials and tribulations. 
Just because I'm mentally good, doesn't mean everything's been easy peasy. Life isn't easy. (Should it be?)
But I'm dealing better. I'm feeling secure in myself. And, my god, it feels great!
Even the dwindling sunlight and the creeping chill of autumn isn't getting me down.
But seasons are merely a temporal distraction anyway.
Because it keeps getting warmer and brighter inside my mind.

Today I would like to share a Yayoi Kusama art installation with you.
The Obliteration Room



The interior of a house was constructed in the Queensland Gallery of Modern Art, everything painted white.
Children visiting the gallery were then given colourful dot stickers to put where they please.


Over the course of two weeks this is what happened...



I think it's quite a breath taking piece. I love the contrast of the blank sterility and the colourful chaos.
Perfect inspiration for a manicure.



This manicure was a lot of fun. I did it a month or so ago while hanging out with my little brother.
He said I matched the colours well and gave me a thumbs up, so I'm happy. 
What do you think?


I used Zoya - Purity as my base
And dotted with Sally Hansen - Lickety Split  Lime & Brisk Blue
Barry M - Dragonfruit & Satsuma and Nubar - Resort Yellow


Here's the song that's been stuck in my head all day.


Hope you enjoy the last 3 days of summer.
jeebjeeb

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails