Pages

Friday 20 June 2014

Afternoon Tea

 Hey all,
A few weeks ago Dagadelic and I planned an afternoon tea date.
It's one of our rituals. At least twice a year we get our tiered treats on.
Nothing like good tea, good company and scones with clotted cream and jam (my favourite part)
Usually I'm at a loss as to how to do my nails. But not this time. 
Because Bitch, I got a plate for that!


Say hello to Messy Mansion plate MM10!
It may be coffee themed, but it had me at tiny tea pots and steaming cups.
 My tea freak heart rejoices!


I started with a base of Sally Hansen - Soy Latte (like hello of course it has to be in my tea mani)
Then I used Zoya - Odette for the gradient. ...I didn't have any other polishes with drink names (._.)
I really like how it turned out. Like tea you've poured milk into but haven't stirred yet.



I stamped with good old Konad - White for contrast.
On my thumb you can see the french press in all it's glory.
Or is that supposed to be a coffee grinder? I'm not sure. :\


So stinkin cute.
If I was a waitress at a diner, I would wear this everyday.

We tried out a new tea place this time.
Instead of our earthy Asian infused favourite we decided on a girly-er experience.
Set in a tiny converted Victorian house downtown, it was the epitome of dainty fun.
Everything was pink, many chandeliers and the servers wore frilly floral smocks.
It was a trip man.


Cute little timer to let you know when your tea was perfect.
Little bird strainers and plates. Huge tea pots with TEA emblazoned on them (very Alice in Wonderland)
They set us up in front of a bay window, like holy crap, it was so perfect!
And the food! Best tiny cucumber sandwich I have EVER had.

 
Now that I've made you hungry, you should find a place near you that does afternoon tea.
You won't be disappointed, there's a little something for everyone.

Hope you have a great Friday!
jeebjeeb

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails