Pages

Sunday 3 March 2013

Zoya PixieDust Gradient

Hey all,
How are you doing? I'm slowly getting over this cold. One more day of doing nothing but reading and pigging out on oranges should make me right as rain. 
Rain. It's been nothing but rain for days. It permeates everything. Even my manicure.
On Friday I finally received the Zoya PixieDust collection! So excited. I've been anticipating this one for a long time. And I'm happy to say they do not disappoint. The first thing I had to try out was a PixieDust gradient. I didn't realize until later how much the colour combo reflected the gloomy scenery.

zoya-dahlia-london-nyx

These polishes are fricken amazing. Looks so interesting and feels so cool. Like a smooth pumice stone.
Sounds bizarre, but I like it. What's not to love about an added dimension to play with?
And you can't argue with that sparkle! It's like wearing crushed gems on your nails. I feel so regal. 

zoya-dahlia-london-nyx

This is actually a 3 colour gradient, but the periwinkle was quite subtle and consequently camera shy. 
I used Dahlia, London and Nyx.
The application was a dream and dry time was average. 
I used London as my base and used the sponge method to create the gradient.
And as Zoya suggests, I did not use any base coat.

zoya-dahlia-london-nyx

I'm loving the PixieDust gradient and can't wait to experiment more! What do you think?
This is the first ever full collection I've purchased so you can expect tons of experiments. 
I have so many ideas I don't know what to try first! 
I like that kind of problem :)

zoya-dahlia-london-nyx

Muse-ic
Last post I shared Nina Hagen with you. So today I have to share who I believe is a perfect bookend to Nina, Klaus Nomi. If you could pick any two musicians to be your parents, who would you pick? Well, since I was a teenager I believed it would be the most amazing thing to have Nina Hagen and Klaus Nomi as parents. And yes, Klaus is gay. I have a belief that society has got it all wrong. Little girls should be taught to be tough and self reliant. And little boys should be taught to be sensitive and emotionally aware. Hormones drag us in the opposite direction anyway. Why shouldn't we try to counteract that? Every person I know would have benefited from such encouragement as a child. 
And I guess it's the German in me that loves operatically trained new wave German weirdos. Klaus' stage persona came from his feelings of alienation, truly feeling like he was an alien. And Nina, well she claimed to have seen a UFO while pregnant and so named her daughter "Cosma Shiva". What does this have to do with anything? Nothing. I just love them so much.
Enjoy this live performance of Klaus. He is amazing. And if you like him, let me know. :)



I hope everyone has a great Sunday. If you have nothing to do, watch a movie! And if you don't know what to watch, watch Winter's Bone. It's a much better movie than the one Jennifer Lawrence won the oscar for. (But I am happy she won it.)
Have a great night and an awesome manicure!
jeebjeeb

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails