Pages

Friday 11 January 2013

Jackson Pollock (Splatter) nails

Hey all.
I feel like creatively I've been a bit lazy lately. I've just wanted to hibernate. But now that the winter solstice has come and gone and the sky is getting just that much brighter each day I'm feeling more energized. Time to do some nail art. Something I've never done before! Splatter nails!

I have no idea why it took me so long to try. Splatter nails remind me of Jackson Pollock's drip style of painting. I have been a big Pollock fan since I was a little girl. What's not to love about abstract expressionism? You don't have to get it. What's to get except paint and movement?

Jackson Pollock's Number 8 - 1949



First I painted my white base coat, then once it was dry I took a straw for each colour, dipped it in the polish and blew as hard as I could. I have average sized straws and even so, I had to really force it. I had to pretend I was sneezing to make it work. Next time I will definitely pick up those super tiny cocktail straws. 







I'm extremely happy with the result, and I think Jackson would be too. It was fairly messy, even after taping my fingers, but well worth it. There are so many colour combos possible, I can't wait to do it again.




To create this manicure I used Zoya - Purity as the base.
 I splattered with China Glaze - Solar Power, Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear - Black Out & Sally Hansen Insta-dri - Mint Sprint


That's it for tonight. Hopefully tomorrow I'll have another post up with a manicure AND some exciting yarn photos. ... exciting yarn? Is that an oxymoron? Judge for yourself :)

Have a good night and a great manicure!
jeebjeeb

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails