Pages

Tuesday 15 January 2013

Polish, Yarn & Rock n' Roll

Hey all.


I was having a hard time deciding what kind of manicure to do last night. And I was feeling lazy. So glitter with accent nail it is! My manicure equivalent to a tv dinner.




But I used some under utilized polishes in my collection. Hare Polish - Supernova Springs and Aphrodite Lacquers - Galaxy Glitter 
Both polishes are very small hex glitters and tiny glitter particles floating in a black jelly base. 


Supernova Springs really shines in the light. Unfortunately Galaxy Glitter is more outstanding in the bottle than on the nail. It just doesn't pop, and seems to eat light, which is just a pity, since all the polishes in this line were fabulously glittery. I picked the dud :P
 Dagadelic has a different polish from the same collection, Supernova, black jelly with purple glitter. Hopefully one day she'll bust it out (hint ;) hint) and my faith with be restored.

So, obviously, I'm not using the same camera as I was before :) I finally got a new digital camera. It is long overdue, I tell you what. My last camera is 6 years old, and I stopped using it 3 years ago :S I've been using my good old Pentax since then. It's wonderful for art. But it gets pricey when I just want to screw around with shots. Not to mention how heavy it is. 

So I'm back in the digital age! And now you and I can enjoy shots like this!


Best $100 camera EVER! :D I'm so happy! I hope you enjoy too. And just for fun I'm posting my favorite finger from my last manicure. You can really see the linear holo now. 




Let's Spin a Yarn...
So I went down to the craft store to find yarn for my hermanito's birthday scarf. With the word Manly on my mind. I swear, it's harder than you would think. Usually manly equals ugly. So I went for something half ugly and brown.

It's bulky yarn. So it's really thick and wide. Perfect for a cold and crappy day. But no, not my favorite piece. I wish men were into lace. Because that's what 80% of crochet is! Or at least 80% of what I want to make. 



I want to share one last part of myself before I finish up tonight. Some music. I listened to the Rolling Stones while I painted my nails. It's been a long time since I've felt like putting on one of their albums. So I put on 4! And it was a lot of fun. It reminded me of being  a little girl. My dad was a Stone's fan (only their good stuff, everything after Some Girls can go to hell) Dad had a video with a live performance on it. I used to watch it over and over again. He said I had a crush on Mick Jagger. But I don't think that was it at all. I think I wanted to be Mick Jagger. I think about that statement and I think about how I dance. His confident cock strut made sense to me. If you're going to move your body to music, give it your all. I was the shyest little girl in the world. But when I danced you would have never known, my tiny personality filled the room.  


Last night, the song Bitch instantly made my boyfriend and I look at each other, nodding our heads "oh yeah baby" How could I have deprived myself of this song for so long? I hope you enjoy it. And in the spirit of Mick Jagger & JeebJeeb, pout your lips, swing your hips and show us how it's done!



Have a good night and a great manicure y'all!
jeebjeeb

3 comments:

  1. I really love how the linear halo nails came out and the stamp just brings out the effect. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the comparison. And I'm so happy my gift to you is the better one.
    Oh and I'll promise to take your hint very seriously! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails